Welcome to Mt St Patrick College!
Mt St Patrick is a co-educational Secondary College operating within the system administered by the Catholic Education Office. It was opened in 1926 by the Presentation Sisters and was administered and staffed by them until 1989. It derives its name from St Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, whose feast day is celebrated by both the College and local communities.
Mt St Patrick aims at providing for the total development of its pupils, spiritually, intellectually, physically, morally, socially, emotionally and culturally and through a sound education based on Christian, and especially Catholic, principles in an atmosphere that is itself a production of the application of these principles. The College serves the Catholic Parishes of Mullumbimby and Murwillumbah.
Mt. St. Patrick owes many of its traditions to the Presentation Sisters, Priests and the local community of past generations.
To ensure the continuity of these traditions the College aims to:
- Develop a spiritual person who believes in, and acts according to a God centred perspective of human life; in line with the Parish mission statement.
- Provide a secure environment for students and staff where the rights of the individual are respected and each person is treated with dignity, fairness and compassion.
- Equip students with the skills necessary to participate in and make a positive contribution to a changing society.
- Endeavour to provide a varied curriculum which encourages excellence and caters for the needs of a wide range of students in a changing educational environment.
- Recognise parents as the primary educators of their children in the development of faith and morals and to strengthen the formal and informal communication between staff and parents.
Wollumbin, the geographical centre of the Tweed Valley, is a symbol of hope, challenge, endeavour and achievement. The Cross is a sign of hope and redemption, and is the central symbol of our College badge. These symbols provide the rationale for the College motto, and the impetus behind the mission of Mt St Patrick College: